One of the primary aims of a brand logo is to create a unique identity and a functional visual expression. Most suitable logotypes are dependent on the type of brand or business. One of the most general and appropriate standards of logos is the use of animal logos.
Generally, various animals leave a specific impression on humans. Some animals are even a representation of multiple virtues. For instance, lions signify strength and majesty while horses show dignity. Aside from this, animal logos are the most suitable for various brands, creating a more profound visual expression. The use of animal logos requires a significant level of creativity. The process of designing an animal logo can also be a bit challenging if you don’t have the proper guide. Here is a fundamental guide that can help you ease the challenge of designing animal logos.
- Understand The Concept Of Logos: Before you proceed with your animal logo design, you must first understand the full concept of logos. You should follow the key elements in a logo. Likewise, you should appreciate the aim and role of logos in brands and marketing. Also, you should be aware of the impression you want to create to help you choose the right elements.
- Understand Your Brand: Understanding your brand is another essential step you should not overlook in designing your animal logos. The knowledge of your brand will guide you in making critical decisions about your logo. It will help you decide critical factors ranging from color to animal type to choose for the design.
- Choose Suitable Animals: Designing an animal logo is not just about picking any animal that comes to mind. It is about choosing the right type of animal that best suits your brand and business. Likewise, it is essential to know the societal and historical significance of the animal you are using. For instance, animals like lions, tigers, and eagles have unique representations. On the other hand, animals like pigs and vultures have controversial reputations. However, historical and societal image is not the only factor to consider. It is also important to choose animals that are closely related to your brand. For instance, if you run an automobile brand, a horse in your logo can help you represent speed, strength, and endurance.
- Choose Suitable Color(s): It is essential to know that the choice of color is as important as the entire logo. Color is one of the critical elements in logo design. Just like animals, specific colors also have what they represent. Blue, for instance, is widely known to represent calmness and knowledge. Also, you should choose a color that accurately represents your business. It would be best to use your brand color if you have one.
- Check Originality and Scalability: Although it is good to take a cue from the ideas of other logos, copying is never a good idea. Plagiarizing a logo has enormous consequences. It can leave a negative dent on your brand and business. Likewise, your logo should be scalable. Your logo should be huge collateral for your business.
- Add Finishing Touches: Once all the above conditions are in place, then it is time to perfect your work. Ensure the perfect blend of all elements of the logo. It would help if you were sure that all the details in the logo complement one another to give an appealing outlook and expression.
The design of the animal logo is not entirely different from the process of creating other types of logos. However, you need to consider some of the distinctive elements. These elements include the choice of color and animals.
It would be best if you always remembered that brand representation is the main aim of logos. Therefore, you should choose elements like color and animals that perfectly represent your business.