A logo is a small emblem or a creative design adopted to identify a brand, product, or business. A logo is essential in creating a fantastic visual impression of a brand. Consequently, it is essential to add your logo to everything relating to your brand, including WordPress.
Adding a logo to WordPress is quite easy if you know the right steps to follow. However, the first thing you need to recognize is the type of theme you are using. The kind of theme you use is essential in determining the steps you would follow in adding your logo to WordPress. Adding a logo to a free WordPress theme is quite different from adding to premium ones. However, there are a few overlapping and similarities in the process with most themes. Starting with the most general method, here are two valuable and secure means of adding a logo to WordPress.
1. General Method
This method works with most free themes, as well as some premium themes. It is a general method, and it is relatively easy compared to other methods. The method proceeds in five necessary steps which include;
- STEP 1: Log in to the dashboard of your WordPress. Then search for the appearance tab on the left and click on it. You will have a dropdown that includes a "header" tab or "customize". Proceed by clicking on this ‘header’ button.
- STEP 2: Next, locate the option that permits you to upload an image. You will find the ‘Choose File’ button. Clicking this button will allow you to discover the file you want to upload on your computer. Once you locate the folder, click on it to upload to your WordPress dashboard.
However, you can decide to crop the size of your logo image or upload it the way it is. This step is, yet dependent on the theme you are using as some themes have suggested sizes for logo and headers.
- STEP 3: Many WordPress themes will ask if you want a header text with your image. Depending on your choice, you can decide to add or remove header text. If you don’t want a header text, uncheck the ‘Show header text with your image’ option. Once you are through with this, click on the ‘save changes’ option to proceed.
- STEP 4: Make a front-end preview of your logo upload. The image is either placed on the right side or just below the ‘menu.’ The location of the image is also dependent on the theme you are using.
2. Alternative Method
This method will warrant you to dig for the upload tab on your system. This method is mostly compatible with premium WordPress themes. It proceeds in three simple steps.
- STEP 1: Search for the ‘theme options’ tab on your dashboard. In some themes, this option can be given as ‘Theme Customization.’
- STEP 2: Click on the ‘General’ option. This option will promptly land you on a page that allows you to upload logos. Once to locate this option, you would have to input some details, including logotype, logo text, and the logo image itself.
- STEP 3: Locate the logo image file on your computer and click on ‘Upload.’ You can edit the image and modify the size and other details after the uploading is complete.
A logo is highly significant in branding or business promotion. If you don’t have an existing logo, it is essential to create one. Likewise, if you have an existing one, it would be a great idea to add it to your site. However, adding your logo to WordPress depends on the type of theme you are using. There are several methods of carrying out this addition, but the two listed above are the easiest and most general for a wide range of WordPress themes.